Wednesday 30 January 2013

Advanced Diving

Well today I passed the first of 5 parts for my Advanced Diving course. Today was underwater Navigation and basically consisted of us (there are 4 of us doing the course) starting from a point swimming 30m in a set distance and then getting back to where we started using various techniques.

Despite many attempts by my co-students I do seem to have passed. I think Anthony (my instructor) gave me credit for the fact that I did get back to exactly where I started from, but the other 3 had moved the rocks and the anchor a few metres to one side to try to confuse me. I think that was unfair of them to be honest, I didn't do it to them.

He also let me off a little bit because he distracted me by pointing out the Turtle. This was especially distracting as I'm fairly sure I was already distracted by the other Turtle, but it may have been the same one, i can't be sure (Anthony thinks there was only one), I think it may have been a Green Turtle.

Anyway, i got plenty of time to practice my underwater skydiving http://malpas-chronicles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/diving-cheddar-gorge.html which we're going to be tested on in a few weeks time (Peak Performance Buoyancy it's called).

Apparently there are a lot of Whale Sharks around at the moment, Anthony has been diving with them and depending what happens we may also get the opportunity if they hang around :) here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment