Sunday 18 March 2012

 More photos have just been uploaded. Including the Flax Mill and my expedition up High Hill.

In response to complaints that while my photos are nice to look at, my comments are rather inane I've tried to be a little more factual. Unfortunately as I generally don't know what I'm taking photos of I do find this difficult. Any further complaints should probably be made in person :p (that probably counts as inane doesn't it, oh well I guess I'll never change)

Today I went to Blue Hill filming for DSV (my diving lesson got cancelled so I just had a short swim). Unfortunately I got lost, twice. At the far end of the road I found myself near High Hill with some light drizzle. It looked like the drizzle would pass, so I decided to wait and put my webcam away to keep it dry. While waiting I decided to walk to the bottom of High Hill and see how easy it was to get to the top. Once at the bottom the top looked quite close, but it's one of those deceptive hills which keeps on going. Anyway after a few hours of hard climbing I reached the first proper top and got my first glimpse of the east coast. I then proceeded to climb to to the proper top and a few more hours hard climbing saw me there, well it was actually worth the climb as the view was terrific (I know the photos haven't really captured it). Then I had to find my way back down, which was easier said than done as I hadn't come up the most direct route.

It was slightly quicker on the way down and when I reached the car again it had stopped drizzling and I was getting hungry so I headed home (after setting the camera back up) for an early lunch. (0.3 hours is hours, plural, isn't it? - I hope it's grammatically correct!). After that excursion I almost feel ready to climb to the top of High Peak (as opposed to High Hill) it has a more impressive name so should be quite difficult; the bottom is a properly long way from a road, the nearest parking is about 100m from the top!


Anyway, as the photo site says, don't expect too many photos, my landscape shots all seem to look the same and, while I can work them out, I guess you can't so not sure if there's any point in posting more. There may be some other things posted in the next week or two, I have a new project which I'm working on...

p.s. when I re-read these posts before publishing, I keep wondering why I'm taking driving lessons as I can already drive... I don't know why my brain is hardwired to stick in the missing r? Does that happen to anyone else? or is it just me...

1 comment:

  1. Driving - it's subliminal... Im learning to drive again (bet you're so glad you aint in the UK) and my theory test is 11 April. Im not doing too badly actually, only hit the kerb once. That may be due to Im used to riding a scoooter

    ReplyDelete