Monday 28 May 2012

Fright of my Life

Ok, so not quite that dramatic, but it was certainly serious panic stations.

Last Monday was a Bank Holiday (St Helena Day). Next Monday and Tuesday are both Bank Holidays. Today is also a Bank Holiday. However in the UK Today would normally be a bank holiday, but isn't this year. it also seems strange having 3 bank holidays on the trot. I've therefore had a nagging feeling all day that actually it shouldn't, and possibly isn't, a bank holiday. This is compounded by various confusion about what days are and aren't bank holidays - 16th April was supposed to be a Bank Holiday (but moved to the Jubilee), and I have a feeling that New Years Day ISN'T a Bank Holiday, which seems daft.

Therefore when, at 10:30 my Boss rings I Panic, I think he's phoning to find out why I'm not at work. I've never had a boss ring me at home before, ever. Luckily it was just an invite to a BBQ not a career ending disciplinary. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment