Tuesday 1 May 2012

Shooting Scouts

Ok, so not as interesting as it sounds, and nobody got hurt.

Today we went shooting. I've done shooting before, with an air rifle. This was real shooting, with real guns, and real bullets, and real it could kill you. I wasn't expecting that. I was expecting plasticy air rifles and little pellets, this was (by my standards) real sniper territory.

The targets were about 20m away I guess, and we had 6 per A4 sheet so not too big. The rules are 10 bullets per round, and you have to put 2 bullets in each target and the top 2 bullets in each target count. You only use 5 of the 6 on the sheet. Scoring is between 6 and 10, with 10.1 for a bulls-eye, so lowest score is 0 (complete miss) and 101 for 10 bulls-eyes.

In the first round I scored 70, which was second lowest. I would have scored more but I only got 9 bullets into the paper, one not in a target and the last bullet I think went into Paul's Target sheet as he had 11 holes... The next round I had 83, which was a respectable score placing me about 6th out of 9 overall, beating one of the scouts who had done it before. Top score was 179.2 I think.

My excuse was that I struggled to line the sights up with my glasses, so couldn't see properly. It's a lousy excuse I know as even when I could see properly all it was was a black dot in the sight, the difference between a 6 and a 10.1 was wobble rather than aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment