Saturday 7 January 2012

Wednesday January 4th 2012

Well Today’s the Day. After an uneventful Christmas and New Year today is my last day in the UK. Starting to feel incredibly nervous and apprehensive. I arrive at Brize Norton in good time to check in, and a good thing too as it got very busy towards the deadline. Now got a 4 hour wait for the plane. After 2 hours I say goodbye to my Mum, who gave me a lift to the airport and has waited with me, and go through security to the departure lounge. On my own now...

The Flight
I’ve already remarked that I haven’t really flown, going to Venice was my first ever flight and coming back I got a little tipsy (it was my Wedding Anniversary and I was with my wife). I now don’t like flying, In general I would rather drive the Landrover to Scotland than have to do the flight again, the seat was uncomfortable, it was cold and it was too noisy to sleep. The food was ok, although I couldn’t say what it was for the first meal. I did get some sleep, but not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment