Tuesday 31 January 2012

I'm a Scout

Well, I guess it's official, I've joined the Scouts. My first meeting tonight, a group of about 12 kids, all seem perfectly friendly, laid back and happy with life. Even though it was my first night I'd agreed to run the activity - we built Rocket Cars from Lego, straws and Balloons:

The plan was to see which could cover the length of the hall in the quickest time, but it quickly became apparent that finding which could cover the greatest distance was a challenge. I had a 'here's one I made earlier' with me which was pretty useless, however it seems it's more difficult than you think and my useless car achieved second place (a bit of luck that it went straight - once, coupled with burst balloons and an inability by some to blow up their balloons enough and keep the air in them while putting them on the floor). Actually thinking about it I did change my design - I copied the kids and put the big wheels on the front rather than the back - it makes a huge improvement for a number of reasons!

Anyway a fun evening, back next week for swimming and a mystery activity - I wonder what it is - oh #!?@ I need to know what it is, I'm running it!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of Scouting.
    Sounds like you're enjoying it already. LOL.

    ReplyDelete