Saturday 25 February 2012

I'm a National Athlete plus...

I've been rather lax this week with no posts, sorry.

On Tuesday it was Pancake Day, a good day :) I met quite a few new faces as the Scouts helped set up the stalls and then provided a large number of competitors for the Pancake Races, unfortunately that meant Paul (the Scout Leader) and I took part in the Adults Pancake Race, which meant I had to run. But on the plus side it means I came third in a national race. Olympics here I come! or not...

Update: I have been questioned how many participants there were. No there was not just 3, there were about 8-10 I think. There's a photo of me in the paper (well you can see me, I got off to a bad start so I'm at the back) http://www.saint.fm/independent/

Other than that, this week's been quiet, lots of work and not so much time off. Thursday saw another Diving lesson, 2/5ths of the way through the classroom (but I'm doing my homework and 3/5ths of the way through the book). On Monday I hope to get a date for the first pool session :) can't wait. Friday we went to Pub Paradise for a Curry night - slightly more Normal than my earlier trip to Godfathers Rock Club - but the Goat curry had rather to many bone splinters for my liking. Still the Orange and Chocolate Chip ice cream for Desert more than made up for it :)

There's a round island boat trip in 2 weeks on a Saturday, I'm toying with the idea of going as I'd love to do it and it's the first time I've seen it advertised on a weekend. But it's an all day thing so I may not go as there's lots of other things I want to do.

Talking of other things, DSV has been much improved - but isn't on the web yet (and the mapping still won't be because of Copyright). I've replaced my MWMM (and the associated LOTSEH) with some relatively simple Java Script which makes it all so much easier. I'm planning to go to Sandy Bay this afternoon and so that may get uploaded tomorrow as I think I have enough Internet left this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment