Sunday 5 February 2012

Krystal Clear and Cooking and Roads

Don't worry, Krystal Clear is a boat not some South Atlantic trip-pill. Krystal Clear is what is know as a Glass Bottomed Boat. But it isn't. What it has are viewing windows positioned at the bottom of watertight tubes (think of how James May built a keel in his amphibious Triumph Herald) that way if the glass breaks the boat doesn't actually sink.

So I spent the morning out on a boat again, viewing the various wrecks and wildlife of the ocean floor without the waves making visibility difficult. Not to many photos as they wouldn't make much sense because the windows were only about 250x600mm (small in old money). Was fantastic to see the ocean floor rise an fall in no distance, and the huge numbers of fish (nothing interesting, we passed some Dolphins, but they didn't go under the boat). If you ever get the chance, I recommend it, anywhere in the world.

I spent the afternoon making sure I don't starve. I now have ready meals of Spag Bol and Curry in the Freezer. I also have Frozen Carrot, Frozen Onion, Frozen Potato, Frozen Roast Potato and Frozen Lemon Cakes. I say Frozen, they will be in a few hours... Previous experiments at Frozen Mashed Potato have all gone wrong, so I haven't pre-mashed it this time, but I will when I get another idea! It's not that you can't buy this stuff, it's just that the local produce is so much cheaper and nicer than the frozen stuff shipped in from the UK. My cupboards still look worryingly bear though. I wonder what filled them when I was in England?

My kitchen also looks more like a kitchen as I have finally unpacked my second Freezer and sorted stuff out. I've also done my washing up, well I say done - I have a machine for that.

I know some of you are wondering about work, well I will get to that, for now though read the Sabre Wiki which I am currently writing: http://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=St_Helena

No comments:

Post a Comment