Wednesday 11 April 2012

3 Months

Well the 3 month milestone came and went without me realising. It was only today when I attended my 4th Monthly Committee meeting that today is 3 months since I stepped off the RMS. Wow, time flies - but I feel like I've accomplished a lot. Ok so the roads aren't any better, but that's a detail...

3 months is significant because it's my break-even point. If I quit (or get fired) now I'm not bankrupt, 2 months 29 days and I would have been. I should point out this isn't because I've earn't so much I can retire and live off the interest, it's because if I had left within 3 months I'd have to repay the cost of moving here and find the money to get home; having lasted 3 months at least if they fire me they'll pay the trip home.

But all that is academic as I'm certainly not thinking of quitting, and nobody has suggested they're about to fire me (and my boss is away till mid May so I'm probably safe till he gets back anyway).

I celebrated with a swim in the pool after committee, I think I did about 1/2 mile so that's a start on my fitness regime. While there I bumped into loads of people I know, but they were all under 16; I think I know more adults than kids - but it's a close run thing!

The next milestone is the end of my probation at 6 months, it seems strange as that's 25% of the way through my contract!

p.s. 4 committee meetings in 3 months only works because the first was a week later than usual following Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment