Saturday 28 April 2012

Exhausted

After a busy week which culminated in the Public Accounts Committee (like a Scrutiny Committee) broadcast live on the radio I've had a busy weekend so far as well.

Friday evening I was drafted in to make up numbers in a Quiz Team. I did surprisingly well in the first round knowing a number of answers (18 H on a GC type questions), it went downhill from there. The Music Round I understood 2 questions and recognised 2 answers, not to the questions I understood. I think it's about time there was a proper music quiz rather than: who was the person who wrote the song [insert name I've never heard of] that was covered by the [insert band I've never heard of]? Answer: [insert name I've never heard of]

Saturday morning, rather than a nice lie in after a late night, I was down at the Wharf by 8:30. We got on the boat about 9:30 and were underwater in lemon valley by 10 :) This was my first dive since qualifying and I loved it. I used more air than anyone else, surfacing about 300m before the end, but apparently 45min at 16m for a first dive is really good (as you get more experienced you relax more and use less air). There were 8 divers, 3 near novices, 2 experienced and 3 Dive Masters, so the trip had been aimed at beginners with the Dive Masters buddying us.

I would love to post photos, but my camera isn't waterproof to 16m underwater so I didn't take it (my camera isn't even waterproof to 0.00000000000000000000001mm underwater, in fact best not even get it wet in the rain). The dive from Lemon Valley to Red Island didn't have any wrecks (that I saw), but had the most glorious sandy 'beaches', huge numbers of fish and amazing rock formations. If you look at: http://www.malpas.cwi.sh/067.html, but imagine being underneath and looking up at the surface :) you begin to get an idea what it was like.

Having now joined the Dive Club there is a plan to dive most Saturdays, so it sounds like there should be diving opportunities most weekends, between Anthony and the Dive Club, so I can dive when I want to. As I get more experienced (and get equipment) I can also just dive with friends without being part of a larger group.

Anyway, having had breakfast I am now home and shattered, an afternoon with a lazy film beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment