Monday 16 April 2012

3 Peaks

Yesterday I did the 3 peaks, it took me a day to recover hence posting this blog today.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Army types do it in about 24 hours I think, I did it in rather less than that. Rather less than 2.4 hours in fact. If I had got lost I would probably done it in just over an hour, but I thought I got lost (when I didn't) and accidentally did one twice, so it took about an hour an a half.

I must stress these weren't any old peaks, they were the 3 tallest on the Mainland: Mount Actaeon (800m), Diana's Peak (820m) and Cuckolds Point (790m, twice).

Ok, so having climbed Mount Actaeon (parking at 650m) I only descended to about 785m before climbing Diana's Peak and then again about 785m before reaching Cuckolds Point. But because I did Cuckolds Point twice I had descended to about 750m before the second attempt. Bizarrely it's so flat I had thought I was still on my way down...

I decided to do a Triathalon (although I'm now told driving isn't an acceptable substitute for cycling) and did a half mile swim in the pool afterwards to cool off. I would call it a Biathalon, but there's no Skiing here...

Photos on www.malpas.cwi.sh later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment