Saturday 7 April 2012

Lazy Weekend, So far...

I sit here typing this as it gets dark, knowing that for most of you the evenings are getting lighter, and some of you may even read this today in daylight.

Lazy weekend this weekend - it's nice to have a proper break - 2 days off and still another 2 to go. Yesterday I tried my Saturday routine. Arriving in town the pool was closed so I decided to just have breakfast, but that was closed, and all the shops so I went home and snoozed in the sun... I tried again today and it was better. I was the first person in the pool this morning, the water was absolutely clear and the surface was ripple free (surprising for an outdoor pool), just after jumping off to dive in, as my angle changed I suddenly thought 'help there's no water!' obviously there was, but as I dived in it really looked like there wasn't.

Breakfast was at the coffee shop as the Flamingo has taken the weekend off, I have to say there was more on my plate today, but I do prefer the Flamingo's breakfast...

Another Lazy day today, I had meant to do so many things, but I haven't. One thing I need to do is get fit. I'm seriously considering doing one (or more) of three things tomorrow:

  • Climbing Diana's Peak
  • Swimming (Snorkelling) to the Papanui
  • Putting my bike together and going for a ride
I need to build my leg muscles, as for the 2 open dives I've done so far it has nearly killed me climbing out the water and walking back to the truck with the Scuba Tank. It feels heavy beforehand, but after an hours swim the weight is crippling (I guess the wet wetsuit doesn't help either). I think my Saturday swim is going to have to be a permanent feature as at least I vaguely enjoy swimming. Cycling and walking have to have a point, literally I think as I don't mind climbing hills but any other walking seems rather pointless (puns weren't intended, but hey it's there). Still I have bought the walks book so I can if I feel like it. [I'm hoping I wake up early and feel like doing something as then I may climb a hill and then go for a swim... I'm not so sure about cycling because of the hills...]

Anyway, tea time, so I'm off to cook something and then a Bond Film :) Unfortunately I've finished New Tricks and most of Bond, I've started Spooks now and I'm hoping I won't run out of DVD's before either a. My Birthday or b. they actually get decent TV here!

Anyway, just in case any of you have been feeling wet or chilly today - it's been beautiful sunshine and really quite hot all day here!

No comments:

Post a Comment