Wednesday 4 April 2012

Qualified!

Wow, it's been a busy week.

Last Wednesday I had my second Dive lesson (was it really only a week ago)? Then a third on Friday, a fourth (and final pool dive) on Saturday. Monday saw my first open water dive (in the Sea) and I've done my second today. Technically I have missed an open water dive, which I will do another time (I've done all the skills from it), but I'm now Qualified!

Divers keep a log of their Dives - a bit like Pilots do with Flying. I'm annoyed, I've got 97mins logged..

I'm not going diving again for about a month - mainly because my Instructor is going to South Africa to take part in the International Cricket Tournament (he's in the Team), so getting hold of all the kit will be tricky as I haven't joined the Dive Club yet (and I don't know what they have). Hopefully he'll pick up some kit for me whilst he's away, the plan is he'll check what's available, email me details and I'll email him what I want so he can buy it and bring it back. Ideally I'd see it before I bought it, but I don't have that luxury - about the only downside - the next best thing is to get someone who knows to see it for me which is what I'm doing :)

Hopefully my next dive will be mid May when he returns :)

No comments:

Post a Comment